Sunday, August 09, 2009

My Magazines..


We went to Mustafa yesterday for the weekly gorcs shopping. And I went to magazine section as usual. Well Reading is my hobby

and I wouldnt miss some of my favorite magazines. So when I get a chance to go to Mustafa, I try to buy them. And to my

surprise yesterday I saw WISDOM.

WISDOM though is considered as childrens magazine, it has lot of useful stuff for elders. I used to read it when I was young.

They were golden period. I got the magazine for my daughter.

Okay now that brings back lot of memories related to my crazy reading. When I was in school, I used to read Gokulam and

wisdom. And my parents would bring that only in the summer holiday time. So it would be only for 2 months. And after that

they started a public library near my house. But unfortunately there werent much of kids magazines that time.
But still most of the time, I used to borrow the books from the library and then I started saving money to buy my favorite

magazine.


It started with Gokulam and WISDOM and then slowly to TINKLE,CSR and Womans ERA, Readers Digest, India today and so on.
So even now I spend quite a lot on buying these magazines (Poor hubby!!!)

At times when I start reading I will never be able to close it without completing it. Many times I had been inspired to write

something to these magazines..But well why scare others. And when I start reading at times, I used to hide below the bed and

read. But the best of moments will be to sit beside the window when its raining and sipping MOM made coffee. Especially it

would be more divine when I had troubled my mom enough for the coffee.

Reading especially from books gives trememendous pleasure. Be it a magazine or novel its the best company a person could

have. Whether it enlightens your mind or provoke your thoughts or just takes you to a world of imagination whatever be it,

its a very good hobby.

With internet around and laptops becoming a necessity habit of reading is slowly vanishing. Guess very soon our future

generation would be seeing books in a museum.

You might ask what difference it makes to read a book or browse the same in net or your personal laptop. Well it makes a lot

of difference. The very best thing about books well especially when you buy it new wow!!! the fragrance. When I was young for

my school text books, I always buy the second hand books from my seniors or in a place called Luz there is a big old book

shop which we can browse through and get our books. So that way I used to miss the new text book fragrance. Infact I had

longed for it. At times I even used to pray that the syllabus should change so I can get new books :)
Well I was very immatured.

Ooops. Am deviating from the topic.

Yeah the first best thing I love about books is the fragrance. The next thing is well about turning the pages and keeping a

book mark and ofcourse carrying it wherever you want even in a bus and sitting next to window seat and reading. It definitely

wont spoil my eyes. At times after long time of sitting in front of computer have made my eyes tired but never reading a big

book has made me fall tired.

I generally prefer to gift books to my friends. And going to book shop is definitely a turn on for me. Music and Reading are

like two eyes for me.


After I joined my first job and got my first salary the first thing I did is to go to Landmark...My dream shop. And I got my

favorite books my favorite poem books and a fiction book. And after that it became a regular practise. Whenever I happen to

got a new place I always make it a point to buy a book. And I have quite a big list of to read books always.
The latest one is well a book by Bipin Chandra.


So let me stop her and keep reading....:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a bad hobby to rub a bit onto your hubby and enjoy the hub/grub (of book-reading) together...;)

BTW, this particular item/blog is not very Anitha-like... Am surprised to see so many typos and broken sentences in this when compared to the very high standard of your other items...The content was straight from the heart though...as usual.

Anu said...

May I know who left this comment.

Anonymous said...

It appears you got offended by the comment and hence want to know who this 'Anonymous' is; Your stmt of 'poor hubby' triggered me to comment that way... assuming he did not have that habit of book-reading.. If my assumption is incorrect, you may choose to ignore the comment.

I remained anonymous as I would not prefer to login all over the web.. If you are still keen to know who this anonymous is, for whatever it is worth.. .. let me know here and I will contact you offline.

Anu said...

Its absolutely not about getting offended. I am surprised that my blog has got some readers. so curious who it is.

Anonymous said...

Well...then... It was me Dhananjay. I happened to bump into your blog a few months ago and liked the content and hence visit once-in-a-while (and also drop kind-of-nasty comments, eh?). Good luck to you, Pavan and the little one.

Anu said...

Hi Dhananjay
Wow..my project manager visiting my blog..am impressed..It wasnt any nasty comments. I was just surprised that my blogs too have some readers :)

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory drops, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.insanejournal.com/397.html]R4i[/url] DS NePof)

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anu said...

who is this?