Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Boquet


I just opened the shop when I saw him. It was not a special day. Not a valentines day or mothers day or fathers day where people would come to my shop and buy boquets and on top of it is actually not a good day in the calendar too. Its Friday the 13th which is actually considered as a bad day to many. So who is going to come and buy boquets today unless I buy something for myself. Amongs these thoughts I saw him. He was staring my shop for long time. This already seems to be a nice day and on top of it I have no time to manage any adventure today. Oh no..The only other person in the shop used to be the lady who comes to clean up the shop. Yesterday she told me that she needed leave today and I had asked her not to come too. How stupid of me.
I opened this shop just opposite to the bus stop and in college road because that is where my target customers are. Most of the time its students who would crowd my small boquet shop either to give boquets for their favorite professors or to friends or lovers or what not. But holiday season already started and not much students around and in this sunny lonely day all I am left is with roses in my desk and a staring guy in the bus stop. It made me feel really uncomfortable.I went in and sprinkled water on all those beautiful flowers and again I looked into that guy.
He was still standing there but thankfully not staring at me or my shop. He was tall stout and really dark. He doesnt look clean and I dont know when was the last time he would have washed his clothes. He looked that dirty. I guess idle mind is devils workshop and my mind already started imagining 100 things about him. Was he there genuinely waiting for the bus. It doesnt seem so because all the buses that pass through the route already had passed but he was still standing there. So it did seem that he is not waiting for bus. Then what else..is he there to steal something or to create any issue. And the college also is not working today and the road was completely aloof without anyone except him. And ya there is a me, the only person who has a shop in the college road. May be I should close and go home and come back later. I am sure, Friday the 13th is ofcourse a bad day. I never used to believe in such stupid sentiments but things are really weird. Is it normal to have someone looking so rough staring at your shop for alteast an hour almost.
When I looked up again, thankfully he was gone. He was no longer in the bus stop. I just felt like a big relief. But it didnt last a second as this guy was now standing in front of my shop. I started to sweat. I had never felt such a fear in my life before. And this guy happily walked into the shop. I was just thinking that the best way is to hand over all the cash to him and any jewellery I have and then ask him to leave. But before I could say anything, he started to show me some flowers.He was not talking anything. He just showed me some pink roses, orchids and white lillies. He was just showing me in action and I asked him if he wanted me to make a boquet of those flowers and told him that would be very costly(how did I get the courage to tell that to him). He smiled and asked me how much all in action. I told him it would cost 500 bucks.He gave me 500 bucks and bought the boquet I made and left smiling. I could not believe any of it. After he left, I got few more orders in the phone for boquets. So I made them and finally sent them for delivery. I was still wondering about the guy who came, who looked so rough and what he would do with the boquet and why he was not talking. A close look at him, he indeed was not dirty. He was just wearing dark clothes. Anyways a strange day.
The next day I saw my cleaning lady. she was keeping orchid flower on her hair. I was bit irritated. I told her, Valli...Orchid flowers are very costly and you are taking them and keeping it for your hair. If you see a flower dropped down, please take it and keep it on the tray. She smiled and said No Mam. This flower is indeed from this shop. Last month before I told my husband that of all the places I work as helper the best place I like is your shop. It is full of lillies, roses and orchids but never anyone has ever given me a boquet or I dont own a single flower also.She was almost blushing. She continued Yesterday my husband asked me to stay at home and rest. And he came home with a boquet of all these flowers.He neednt have spent so much. She was still blushing and I smiled. It felt so nice, not just she but even the guy whom I saw yesterday suddenly felt like one of the handsome guys.
Well, Beauty is something inside. something about your heart and not about the way you look.Looks are deceptive. I felt so happy..happy for her and nice about that guy.Friday the 13th...it might have made her day...it might have made his day to see the person he loved happy because of her.Ignorance and Innocence are indeed bliss.
Oh well...now thinking about that..no one ever gifted me a boquet too and I own this boquet shop!!!! Guess The time has come to look for the forever friend :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Injustice to short story

Anonymous said...

Are you going to write or not..Disappointed to see no updates

Jay said...

Such simple gestures leaves behind life's best moments..!