Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Ageing Gracefully

Was telling my daughter about M S Subbulakshmi..the musical legend. Her voice..her expertise..her knowledge...and most of all her divinity..are incomparable.
When I showed her picture to my daughter I was looking at her. Just looking at her face was like bliss and you never get bored.

She never dyed her hair...never adorned any kind of make up..grey hair... Wrinkles..basic Indian attire..but her beauty comes from within which gives the everlasting glow in her.

One another person that comes to my mind is Mother Teresa. Always in simple white saree...yet her smile and her eyes that touches you with kindness fills the heart with a kind of peace that you can experience merely by looking at her.

My own maternal grandma..short but sweet..hard working...very strong character...She has taught me that taking rest means not lying down but doing something different. She is a very simple person..and always carried herself with beauty.

My paternal Grandma.. Is the one who is very disciplined.. Follows time strictly in everything she does. She used to look like the old actress Anjali.

When I think of ageing gracefully the first four persons that comes to my mind are them.

The best thing is they never tried to look younger which is one reason for their beauty. Beauty comes within. A beautiful heart..that has flawless love..a heart that can empathize.. a heart that can spread kindness..fairness..treats everyone around with equality gives on its own a glow which money can never buy..No cosmetic can match.

The gray hair is just the silverlining..that shows the maturity you had..Each wrinkle has a story of its own that shows the endurance..the happiness..the fear..the pain..the moments that has made you.

We don't grow old..We just grow up as long as we focus on living. Remember living doest mean not dying..it means living every moment to the fullest.

Age gracefully :-).

No comments: