Friday, January 16, 2009

The worst Betrayal


Generally when we are low or when some one betrays us the first person we look to share our feelings is our friend. A best friend. But what if your own best friend lets you down.
Isnt it the worst betrayal you could ever face and at the end of it what is the lesson learnt.
How could some one who has spent time with us, understanding us and having been a good friend to us suddenly can let us down and even allow others to talk bad about us. Does that mean friendship holds no responsibility.



Some people we meet leave foot prints in our heart but some just leave some cracks in a delicate heart which never could be healed.



Could never blame those who behave in a way to break our heart but have to blame ourselves for letting our heart be so vulnerable.



Broken hearts can be healed though it leaves the mark it has made always.



Happen to read a poem written by a friend who has betrayed his best friend.



An echo fades into the night,


an eerie mournful sound.


A shooting star disappears from sight,


and I crumble to the ground.




There is no life within this garden;


my sobs are the only sound.


I have poisoned the honeyed fountain


where your love could be found.



Dazed, I stare at the stars above,


my grieving howls fill the night!


Unintended betrayal of love has


hidden you from my sight.




I remember how it used to be


when we shared our fears and delights.


You are a treasured friend to me.


How can I make things right?



Feeling afraid, cold and lonely,


I long to tell you how I feel,


but you don?t want to hear me.


The pain for you is much too real.




Should I back away and build a wall


and block away how I feel?


Or, should I give you a call?


We both need some time to heal.



An echo fades into the night as our friendship disappears.


How do I know what is right? How can I ease my fears?


If I do call you again, would the old wounds reappear?


I can?t stand to cause you pain. Hurting you again is my worst fear!

5 comments:

moonlitetwine said...

beautiful site. the poem? beautiful too. i kept wondering what to expect next, next line, and again...what to expect in the line after that.

Anonymous said...

He/She would not have become your BEST-friend without having some great traits. If such a person had to behave the way he/she behaved, there would have been a strong reason behind it... perhaps the incident was incorrectly perceived 'or' mis-interpreted.. spare a thought... Give your friendship another chance by viewing in this angle. If after all this, you are still sure that you were betrayed, go for a 'sabbatical' from your friendship for a while and restart afresh .. Good luck.

Anu said...

Well I would be happy to give 100 chances for a pure friendship but my best friend is not able to accept my friendship :( Thats why sad..Well at times after marriage a persons priority changes and I guess friendship becomes a least priority for some..

Anonymous said...

Priorities SHOULD change with newer responsibilities... but not to the extent that the item(friend) is completely struck of from the priority list.. I understand your situation... Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Priorities SHOULD change with newer responsibilities... but not to the extent that the item(friend) is completely struck of from the priority list.. I understand your situation... Good luck.