Thursday, January 31, 2013

Raksha Bandhan - Part 1

Dei..Anna...Wake Up Where is my gift. I was screaming on top of my voice and literally was jumping on my still sleeping brother. I know he will wake up scream, scold and definitely going to punch me.

Well before I go on, let me take a break and give you a brief note about me and my family. I am Shalini (everyone calls me shalu) doing my final year MCA and already got a job through placement.And have one brother Pranav three years elder to me working in IT. Mom Lakshmi house wife and dad Raghu working in central government and my grand dad who pampers me the most. My day always starts with a small or big fight with my brother , a minimum of two to three curses from mom, angry look from my dad and a loving hug and support from my grand dad. So far life has been smooth and well when you get so much love and affection at home why do you have to search for love outside so..no love no boy friends..Thats me..Today is Raksha Bandhan a big event at my home since my mom also got three brothers and me got Pranav to Bug :-). So am late already let me go and trouble him.

Pranav!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP...WHERE IS MY GIFT!!!!! (For last 22 years I dont know how he manages to give me a Rakhi gift which I absolutely would not like). Let me see today. I too have made a Rakhi with big rose flower and yellow thread..Impossible for him to wear and go to work ;-). Dei Pranav Wake up wake up where is my gift.

Hey Shalu!!! you woke up
..first tie me Rakhi dear then I will gift you.

For a second I was shocked. Is that Pranav talking like that. Is he okay? Before I could recover from the shock..it was my mom.

Pranav..What happened why are you scolding Shalu even today. Shaluma..what happened da..

Hey Shalu. You woke up. Lakshmi first you go and bring nice filter coffee for her...Shalu ma..go da..first you brush, have coffee take bath and then tie Rakhi for your brother. Pranav..you also get ready fast how long you will make Shalu wait for you.

I think am going to faint now. Whats wrong with everyone.

Pranav!!!! I called my brother.

Yes da Shalu. what happened?

Pranav...Am I going to die of brain tumor or any cancer or anything.

Stupid Shalu. Shut up. Why are you blabbering such things on a good day.

Then..Whats wrong why are you all behaving like so different to me.

Shalu Nothing like that..I have a surprise for you. First you tie me Rakhi.

Finally after prayers all my uncles also had come. Mom tied Rakhi for her brothers(my uncles). Everyone were happy and I did tie the big pink ugly Rakhi to my brother Pranav..and he said thanks..!!!! Thanks!!! whats wrong with him..then I told him..okay I never expected such Gandhian expression from you. I removed that big pink Rakhi and tied the good one I had actually got for him.

He smiled and said okay now ..this is my gift for you..Come out..

I cant believe my eyes..It was the scooty I was asking dad for long...

Wow!!!!!!!! I cant believe this...

Pranav smiled and said..Compensation for last 22 years of bad gifts :-).

I couldnt control my excitement and started to college forgetting the morning events.

The answer to the suspense came within 2 days. It was Mom who broke the news to me. Shaluma..we have seen a groom for you. He is also working for IT and very soft natured. His family also is good. He is the only son.

Mom!! Does he have a name..

Oops..sorry he is Madhan..I will bring his photo to you. They are coming to see you tomorrow. No compulsion. You see the guy and if you like him then we will proceed.

Mom left me in my room alone with the photo of this guy called Madan. I wish I had a sister. To be continued.



No comments: