Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Raksha Bandhan - Part 3

Well..the D day is tomorrow...Am going to see Maddy... Not really sure what exactly am feeling...it's a complete mixture of nervousness, excitement and anxiety... 3 in 1...

Shalu... Come and select one...that's my amma.. She seemed to be more worried than me..she had kept 10 different sarees with jewellery set...
Shaluma...choose what you want to wear tomorrow...
Amma...please no sarees u know very well I feel uncomfortable...already am kind of feeling uncomfy abt the whole thing ..
Shalu ... U have to wear saree... U will look good...listen to me da
Even before I could protest Pranav came home... Mom... Urgent filter coffee pl..
He looked at me and laughed what is all this exhibition....have you decided to scare the poor soul...
Come on da Anna ... As if I want to!!!
Ok listen put all these things away...wear the same salwar that you wore on that wedding...
Brilliant !!!!! I think that's better...
Pranav smiled at me... Hey Shalu don't worry too much :-)
Now I felt better too..
Dei Pranav... Can I ask u something..
What da...
Why r u being so nice to me suddenly... R u ok?? Its boring without fighting with u...
He smiled and touched my hair ..Shalu..Madhan is in Banglore... I guess I have already started missing u.. So don't want to fight...but of course I love fighting with u too
He left gulping the coffee that mom gave but then even I felt that strange ache in the heart...
Time ticked away quite fast... We were waiting in the temple for Maddy's family...for a change even Pranav Was dressed decently...after around 15 minutes when Pranav was visibly getting irritated they came and I saw him .... Is this what u call dumbfounded!!! He was looking verrrryyyyyyyy handsome much much better than what he looked in pic ... Honestly even better than how Karthi( u know the movie actor Surya's bro!!!)...Pranav murmured to me.. Hello.... Close your mouth!!!
After basic exchange the elders ha ha I am including Pranav in the list asked me n Maddy to go around the temple and talk to each other!!!!
Honestly I felt very shy... Me n my Maddy started to go around the temple all in silence... I thought he will speak but he was also quite... Or may be is he shy or did he not like me... Various thoughts revolved around me...
Then he said Hi Shalini... I said you can call me Shalu.. People close to me call me like that... The minute I said that I felt embarrassed OMG what would he think of me!!!!
He smiled n said first of all I am very sorry!!!!
And I need to talk to you seriously!!!
My god is he another version of Pranav...
I said am listening...
Ok he said.. See there has been a confusion... I saw a girl in red dress in Arjun's wedding... And my parents misunderstood that it was you.. When they told me they have spoken to the girls parents and have arranged a meeting I didn't even ask them your name or even your photo... I was so excited I thought I should personally talk to her after this meeting...only after I saw you here I realised they made a mistake.. It was really a love at first sight.. Hope u understand ... I am really sorry!!!!
I can't even put it in words how ashamed I felt... I had almost imagined this stranger in front of me as mine...I broke down and with tears literally ran towards my big brother Pranav who was looking at me from far...


1 comment:

Swathi said...

Nice twist Anitha....