Thursday, February 28, 2013

Raksha Bandhan - Part 5

You might have watched in movies how a poor hero will become super rich in one song...Honestly that's how my wedding took place within 2 weeks. As usual they matched horoscopes and when they had to find a date for engagement n wedding either the wedding should happen in 2 weeks or we got to wait another 8 months. I was OK to wait...thought to have a sweet courtship days...But Maddy was so keen for within 2 weeks.. I was thrilled seeing him desperate...but mom n dad were under tremendous pressure...thanks to my dear brother who gave them all support.

Trust me in those 2 weeks I could hardly talk to Maddy...I had to do shopping , invite friends, apply leave , pack stuff as after wedding 2 weeks we will be in Banglore and nothing decided on what to do after ...My sensible brother did tell me to discuss with Maddy about it but I wanted to postpone that discussion. So with all due hectic work the marriage is done and we were now sitting in train going to Banglore.

Generally I prefer sitting in window seat and reading a book in train. Pranav used to irritate me but it was fun. This time mom dad n Pranav were sitting opposite to me. I was sitting next to window and Maddy was sitting next to me and was busily chatting with his mom who sat next to him. I was kind of feeling very lonely .. Going to a new place and I suddenly felt like a stranger to my own family.. Mom and dad looked very tired..the two weeks had taken its toll on them...I felt like crying..I saw Pranav who was looking at me with a caring look.. I managed to smile ...
Madan... Yar come let's go to the food cabin and get some hot elaichi tea... Shalu loves it .. He winked :-)
My Mil reacted first.. My son don't like coffee or tea...
Pranav expected Maddy to say something but he smiled and nodded to his mom..
I started getting more worried... Have I put myself in trouble..But thankfully Maddy put his arms around me and said let me taste the chai for Shalu likes it ...
Come Pranav let's go get it.. Uncle , Aunty will u have some as well...
I felt relieved :-)
My dear queen Shalu.. U also come to buy ... Coz we need helping hands..
More than me Pranav looked happy :-)
Finally we reached Banglore and I stepped into the new house which would become my home!!!!

4 comments:

D said...

Innocence of the writer clearly visible in the story. Nice cute one.

Anonymous said...

Thought you would write a post on ur second one soon to come!

Anonymous said...

Thought you would write a post on your second one soon to come...!

Anonymous said...

There used to be one Anita blogging here on this site when I last visited this in 2011 or so. Though the style of writing looks similar... who are this Shalu, Maddy, Pranav & Co wrt Anita?