Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ammamma and Ranjani

This writing is by Ranjani...Ammammas most beloved grand daughter..
Ammamma always used to be very proud of Ranjani..She used to tell me that..Ranjani..has the blessings of lord saraswathi.be it studies or be it her musical talents..she is blessed..and Ranjani..I remember her and my own sister both wearing a blue colour frock stitched by Ammamma..and used to almost keep fighting with each other for toys and games and what not...
This is a writing by Ranjani..and Wish Ammamma could raed it..As I start reading it...tears are rolling down and fresh memoreis are revovling in my mind..

Ranjani writes ....

It was Thursday (20.05.10) around 4 am when i got this dream. There was some Pooja going on at Ammamma's Home.. and we all had gathered there. The acharya was chanting mantras. All the ladies (My Mom, Doddamma(Rama) and Periamma (ruckmani)) were busy arranging things.. there was a wave of sadness around cuz the familiar face, neatly dressed, holding the camera n clickin away lotsa pictures was missing.. i was searchin for ammamma every now and den.. but couldn't find her there at all.. atlast, the function got over.. and every1 were goin towards the pooja room (near the corner of the hall). Once every1 was done, suddenly ammamma appeared, dunno from where.. She was so real, and there was dis brilliant brightness wen i looked at her.. Like a god.. .. N she was draped in the Purple saree.. Do u remember anitha??? .. every1 went upto her and got her blessings. It was as if, she came there oly to bless all of us.. Everybody around were sad and crying, 'She said 'Don't worry. I din go anywhere. I am here only'. and that's it. There was an abrupt pause. I suddenly felt a lil awake.. I din want to open my eyes.. I wanted the dream to go on.. I wanted to feel her presence.. I wanted to hear her voice again.. I was scared to open my eyes.. I wanted the dream to be real.. but then it was not.. I suddenly woke up shuddering and scared.. there were goosebumps all over.. I had met her a week back (apr 17th) .. She was very weak and was lying on bed... As soon as she saw me, she smiled at me and asked me to sit near her. She took my hands and kissed it (She always does tat wen i meet her) and She was holding my hands tight.. She neva wanted me to leave...Next week, my dad called and told me that she s getting better.. Was a lil relieved. I was waiting for tat weekend to com so tat i could meet her on sat.. but neva could i meet.. :(( I miss her so much.. I wish i could meet her for 1 last time n talk to her and be with her.. i still remember the days me n suji used to go to her home, play cards with her.. esp trump.. Me n suji used to be partners n used to cheat ammamma.. She'll find it out and v all ll laugh our hearts out.. Miss dos days, wen i used to take tuitions along with her.. I used to keep dictations and teach few lessons to her students... Miss those days, (wen i was waiting for my call from TCS and totally jobless), every afternoon i used to go there and have lunch.. She'd neva lemme starve.. she'd serve food for me with loads love and affection.. She'll make nice dosas for me in the evening... Miss those Evenings wen v used to go upstairs, water the plants, take pictures if they had flowers in them, enjoy the sunset scenery.. Play carroms with Madhumita who stays next door. Whenever she was alone, i used to go her place n sleep over... Miss those nights which was filled with her bed time stories.. Shees a gr8 narrator.. Love the way she narrates.. and above all, I miss her JOKES and RIDDLES... not oly me, evey1 is a gr8 fan of her jokes and riddles and ofcourse her photography...She'd never stay idle even for a while.. At the age of late 70s, she used to go to Hindi Prachar Sabha to get books for her students.. N i used to accompany her in auto.. There wen she goes, I was shocked to c every1 coming to her, talk to her and n get her blessings.. Every1 has so much of respect towards her.. This shows how she has led her life... She has lead a Complete life. .Shees a legend... and above all a ROLE MODEL to all of us.. Every evening wen she gets bored, she used to come to my home.. and she me, my mom and dad used to play cards and carroms together.. And after v r done, I used to take her on my Scooty Pep and drop her back.. I miss those evenings so much.. Everytime I go to that home, there is no one to ask me 'How I am', there is no1 to take my hands and kiss me.. The very thought of it aches my heart and mind so much... n above all, she wanted to c me getting married.. This was one of her wish wch i couldn't fulfill... Dear Ammamma, m really really sorry for tat.. but i know that u r here, watching all of us and blessing us all... Miss u ammamma.. I love u so much.... Ranjani...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really wonderful..I really want to thank Ranju a lot.. Its really great that you shared this Ranju..when I was reading it, I could feel everything is normal and she is with us...That is a great feeling. and I felt that :) I luv you and best wishes to you :)

Unknown said...

Really wonderful..I really want to thank Ranju a lot.. Its really great that you shared this Ranju..when I was reading it, I could feel everything is normal and she is with us...That is a great feeling. and I felt that :) I luv you and best wishes to you :)