Monday, May 24, 2010

Ammamma and VG Aunty


viji aunty, ammamma's last daugther in law and also her favorite dil. We are blessed that we could also be in the marriage of raja uncle and Viji aunty. The shopping we had done for the wedding and the time we spent in the marriage as kids were just too good.
This is a writing from Viji Aunty.
I miss my mother-in-law so much. She was my best friend. She never bothered her daughters-in laws with rules and regulations. She was always simple. She was also very strong and brave. I remember when she came to New York for the second time, She came home by her self. Raja was waiting at J.F.K. but the plane landed in New Jersey airport. So, she talked to some kannada people, and they said they are going to Queens. She shared a taxi with them and came home by herself. If any other seniors were in that position, they would be worried so much. I still remember her jokes. We both used to laugh so much. She never gossiped.On the 10th day early morning at 4am, I felt that she came to bless us. I felt her smell and presence in my bedroom. She also came 2 times in my dreams. I am very happy my kids got some time to spend with their grandma. They love her so much and now they miss her so much. She helped me a lot of times too. But I didn't get a chance to return them back. But she was still a very satisfied person. Whatever I cook she enjoyed. One time I showed my poems to her she liked it and said it was very good. I also used to complain I was a short girl. She used to say no you are not, You are the perfect height, which made me feel better. She was the sweetest person I have ever met. We never are going to replace her emptiness. We were not blessed to be with her in her last days, but I am glad Raja spent some time with her and took some videos. Those videos are precious to us. Sahithya and Kavya wrote a letter to her, and in the video after she read it she kissed that letter. Oh! God so sweet...........Now in my gods place we are having her photo with a light. Really, I don't like it like that.....I can't believe it......and I can't write any ......more............I am crying... I am praying her to give me her braveness and strength.Viji

No comments: