Monday, May 24, 2010

Art of Giving




Please do not search anything in this related to the title. Something I learnt not today..but just felt like writing about it today.At times we do somethings for someone without any expectations..and with just love..unconditional love...There is one thing that if it is not reciprocated may be its hurting..but if its not given any value or if they really dont appreciate us doing things for them and if it doesnt add any value or doesnt make them feel happy..then there is no point of doing it. The effort in breaking our heads in finding a gift and seeing something and get excited thinking that when we give it to them and when they open and see it..they are going to love it and then give them to realize.that they react to it with..oh okay..please keep it there..it just hurts..hurts a lot...Well so..what to do?
Actually I like if someone surprises me with a gift which very very rarely has happened and also had happened quite long long ago...and in the same way I love to surprise others also with gifts or with things which I assume they would like.Anyways..I dont think I am going to change.Today is just another day of being so foolish.
In the end whether it is some fruits that you got or some keep sakes whatever be it..it lies there untouched..laughing at you..or rather cursing you saying why did you buy me at all?
Now my thoughts again goes to ammamma. My ammamma..also used to buy some things for me..as gift..she has got me some pearl chains..I am not a person fond of jewellery. Rather I would like to go to street shopping and buy lots of earrings and bangles from the road side shops rather than go and buy in gold or diamonds or pearls. But my ammamma loves to buy in pearls or stones that are of some astrological benefits. Suddenly she started showing passion towards it and used to gift me such things for my brithdays which I hardly appreciated. Ofcourse I would not tell her that I didnt like it because I dont want to hurt her..so I will wear it on my birthday and remove it. Later whenever she comes to our house I used to wear it just to please her. Now I dont have even a single one which she gifted and it makes me really feel sad. So I dont have right to complain on anyone as I myself havent kept it safe.
Well whatever in the end what I wanted to tell is I wanted to write something positive about the art of giving which I would in my next message..Till then..Love All Serve all :)

1 comment:

Dhananjay said...

Here is a recent tweet from Sachin "Thought for the day.A friend asked what if I break ur trust?Wht would u do?I replied trusting u was my decision n breaking it is ur choice."

Got the message ?!? Be as detached even while 'giving' so that it wont disappoint you eitherway !!